How is urbanization reshaping vulnerabilities in the Himalaya?
We are a team of geographers, environmental scientists, anthropologists, and economists working together to answer these questions:
- Where are settlements changing and how is this affecting the landscape?
- How do earthquakes, fires, floods, and landslides affect growing urban communities?
- How does socio-economic status affect sensitivity to hazards?
- Where and why are urban communities most vulnerable?
- What explains differences in the vulnerability of urban settlements across the Himalaya?